|Job Description Summary:||
The George Washington University Biostatistics Center (BSC) of the Milken Institute School of Public Health is an off-campus research facility located in Rockville, Maryland. The Biostatistics Center serves as the coordinating center for large scale multi-center clinical trials and epidemiologic studies funded by the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and other Federal agencies. The Biostatistics Center is a leader in the statistical coordination of major medical research programs of national and international scope, frequently leading to major medical advances. We are proud to be a leader in biostatistical research, study design, and study coordination. Visit our website at:
Senior Research Assistant to support the Diabetes Prevention Program Outcomes Study Alzheimer's Disease and Alzheimer's Disease Related Dementia (DPPOS-AD/ADRD). In this role, you will be a key member of the DPPOS AD/ADRD team and your work will be vitally important to project. The senior research assistant works independently as well as collaboratively with the research team and external members of the study group focused on data and study management activities. The research team provides expertise in the design, management and reporting as the Biostatistical Research and Coordinating Center for DPPOS AD/ADRD, a large multi-center clinical study primarily related to obesity and type 2 diabetes as well as Alzheimer's disease and other dementia. The research assistant will develop experience in the conduct of multi-center clinical studies as well as data science and problem solving skills.
Essential duties include:
- Maintains detailed knowledge of research study protocols, manuals of procedures, data forms, and other study documents.
- Interacts with members of the research study group as well as the local coordinating center team.
- Works with programmers and developers to maintain and test new features of the web based data management system.
- Writes and reviews manuals of definitions and procedures for the common measures. May create data forms of these measures.
- Performs database management, data editing and auditing for the common measures; reviews in detail output and reconciliation tables. Perform regular data quality checks to ensure protocol compliance.
- Participates in committees pertaining to data management system and website development. Participates in staff meetings, as required.
- Tracks research study's regulatory submissions and approvals.
- Assists with acquisition and distribution of research study materials, including interacting with vendors as needed.
- Maintains study documents and documentation of changes; assists with final study documentation and archival.
- Works with collaborators contributing to the science of the research study to prepare procedural manuals and training for clinical site staff. Develops and presents at study staff training.
- Assists with day-to-day study coordination and management. Answers questions and solves problems individually or in collaboration with colleagues; provides prompt, complete resolution and follow through.
- Assists with the facilitation and planning of consortium-wide virtual and in-person committee and study group meetings.
- Participates in site visits and research study group meetings that may require travel.
- Program ad-hoc and periodic reports for monitoring activities, data quality and resources
- Develop and maintain study website and knowledge graph for resources
- Performs other duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are related to the position and the needs of the study.
Qualified candidates will hold a BA/BS and 1 year of experience in a related discipline. Degree must be conferred by the start date of the position.
|Additional Required Licenses/Certifications/Posting Specific Minimum Qualifications:|
- Ability to connect your role and your impact to the larger picture of the BSC team goals and its role on DPPOS AD/ADRD
- High degree of organizational aptitude to meet tight deadlines and maintain high quality work
- Efficient in problem solving who can both take initiative and work effectively within the group and independently
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing, to ensure the BSC team achieves its goals
- Attention to detail
- Ability to think deeply and independently, as well as to question things that don't make sense, and take ownership of assigned initiatives
- Ability to juggle multiple assignments at the same time
- Strong ability to work independently and efficiently, prioritize multiple tasks, and execute reliably
- Science or math background preferred
- Previous research experience preferred
- Eagerness and openness to learn and evolve quickly
|Typical Hiring Range||Commensurate with Experience.|
|Campus Location:||Rockville, Maryland|
|Family||Research and Labs|
|Stream||Service and Support|
|Hours Per Week:||35|
|Work Schedule:||Monday through Friday, 9am to 5pm|
|Will this job require the employee to work on site?||No|
|Employee Onsite Status||Hybrid|
|Required Background Check||Criminal History Screening, Education/Degree/Certifications Verification, Social Security Number Trace, and Sex Offender Registry Search|
|Special Instructions to Applicants:||
Employer will not sponsor for employment Visa status
|Internal Applicants Only?||No|
|Job Open Date:||12/23/2022|
|Job Close Date:|
|If temporary, grant funded or limited term appointment, position funded until:|
|Background Screening||Successful Completion of a Background Screening will be required as a condition of hire.|
The university is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.