|Job Description Summary:||
The Biostatistics Center (BSC) of the Milken Institute School of Public Health is an off-campus research facility of The George Washington University located in Rockville, Maryland. The Biostatistics Center serves as the coordinating center for large scale multi-center clinical trials and epidemiologic studies funded by the National Institutes of Health (NIH) and other Federal agencies. The Biostatistics Center is a leader in the statistical coordination of major medical research programs of national and international scope, frequently leading to major medical advances. Visit our website at: www.bsc.gwu.edu.
The Center/Institute Assistant will work on NIH funded clinical research studies related to diabetes, Alzheimer's Disease, and/or cancer. The position performs tasks in support of the day-to-day running of the coordinating center, including administration and logistics, maintenance of study documents, assistance with data quality procedures, interaction with the coordinating center staff as well as the national study group under the direction of the supervisor. The ideal individual is a proactive critical thinker with strong communication skills and the ability to work independently.
* Maintains detailed knowledge of research study protocols, manuals of procedures, data forms, and other study documents.
* Monitors coordinating center's IRB management system on in-house database platform to include tracking clinical center submissions, reviewing reports, and monitoring in-house review and approval processes.
* Coordinates and distributes research study project reports, regulatory submissions, and/or other correspondence.
* Participates in project coordination, including meeting planning and logistical operations, to include the upgrade of in-house research study filing system and documentation management.
* Compiles and distributes to clinical centers documentation and electronic files related to research study data release.
* Communicates necessary research study information to pertinent clinical center staff.
* Coordinates the purchase of research study-specific supplies and ensures study-specific equipment is maintained.
* Works with collaborators contributing to the science of the research study to prepare procedural manuals and training for clinical site staff. Develops and presents at study staff training.
* Coordinates the review of Fedex invoices charged to the research study, and ensures timely approvals by research study staff.
* Completes research study staff and outside investigators' travel authorizations and expense reports as assigned.
* Assists the research study Principal Investigator and other staff (as assigned) with study-related administrative tasks, to include maintaining and distributing staff time and effort forms for Principal Investigator.
* Interacts with members of the research study group as well as the local coordinating center team.
* Performs other duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.
Qualified candidates will hold a high school diploma/GED plus 1.5 years of relevant professional experience, or, a Bachelor's degree or higher in a relevant area of study. Degree must be conferred by the start date of the position.
|Additional Required Licenses/Certifications/Posting Specific Minimum Qualifications:|
-Excellent communication and organizational skills.
-Ability to multi-task.
|Typical Hiring Range||Commensurate with Experience.|
|Campus Location:||Rockville, Maryland|
|Family||Research and Labs|
|Stream||Service and Support|
|Hours Per Week:||35|
|Work Schedule:||Monday through Friday, 9am to 5pm|
|Will this job require the employee to work on site?||No|
|Employee Onsite Status||Hybrid|
|Required Background Check||Criminal History Screening, Education/Degree/Certifications Verification, Social Security Number Trace, and Sex Offender Registry Search|
|Special Instructions to Applicants:||
Employer will not sponsor for employment Visa status
|Internal Applicants Only?||No|
|Job Open Date:||12/06/2022|
|Job Close Date:|
|If temporary, grant funded or limited term appointment, position funded until:|
|Background Screening||Successful Completion of a Background Screening will be required as a condition of hire.|
The university is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.