Title: CDL Driver
Department: Facilities Management
Campus Location: Arnold/Main Campus
Salary Range: $20/hour Class C and $30/hour CDL
Work Mode: This position requires some regular in-person presence, depending on business needs of the office.
Hours Per Week:varies
Position Type:Hourly and Temporary
CDL Driver for Anne Arundel Community College.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
1. Each driver is responsible for pre-trip and post-trip vehicle inspections, completion of the Vehicle Inspection Report for the assigned vehicle and submitting documentation of service hours in a timely fashion.
2. Provide safe and courteous transportation service for AACC students, faculty, staff and/or guests.
3. Mandatory participation in periodic training sessions and meetings regarding fleet service vehicles.
4. Proper reporting of any and all incidents, accidents and traffic violations.
5. Cooperate with the Incident Review Committee and/or other groups as necessary.
6. Responsible for assuring that all passengers utilize restraint devices equipped within the vehicle.
7. Do not utilize a cell phone while driving a College vehicle.
8. Comply with all Fleet Services policies and procedures.
9. Operate the vehicle in compliance with all applicable Motor Vehicle Laws and in a manner which will not discredit the College.
10. Provide passenger assistance as necessary.
11. Determine the vehicle load/passenger count is within the capacity of the vehicle.
12. Ensure when traveling in more than one vehicle to proceed in convoy fashion. If one vehicle stops, all vehicles stop as soon as conditions are safe to do so.
13. Do not permit unauthorized personnel to drive College vehicles.
The following are the mandatory requirements to receive AACC fleet vehicle driving privileges:
1. The applicant must be at least 21 years of age.
2. At least 5 years of driving experience.
3. Must possess a current, valid State of Maryland Driver's License Commercial Driver's License with Passenger Endorsement and provide a copy.
4. Must authorize the release of a Department of Motor Vehicle Record and satisfy internal standards for driving authorization.
5. Must be able to communicate clearly both verbally and in writing.
6. Physical ability to safely operate the assigned vehicle according to AACC, State and FMCSA regulations.
7. Must possess strong customer service and interpersonal skills.
8. Must be able to work flexible hours, including some evenings and weekends.
9. Must have reliable transportation to and from work.