|Job Description Summary:||
The George Washington University Biostatistics Center (Center) is an off-campus research facility located in Rockville, Maryland. At the BSC, we are passionate about public health research. We are members of dynamic collaborative research groups, partnering with clinical centers, laboratories, and other collaborators across the U.S. and beyond. We are proud to be a leader in biostatistical research, study design, and study coordination. Visit our website at:
This position: Senior Research Assistant, Metabolic Dysregulation and Cancer Risk Program (MDCRP). In this role, you will be a key member of the MDCRP team and your work will be vitally important to project start-up. MDCRP has 5 individual research projects examining the dynamics and underlying mechanisms that link obesity, metabolic dysregulation and increased cancer risk. The BSC will help to integrate efforts from the individual projects and facilitate cross-project collaborations. MDCRC is funded by NIH.
* Performs database management, data editing and auditing for the common measures; reviews in detail output and reconciliation tables. Perform regular data quality checks to ensure protocol compliance. Program ad-hoc and periodic reports for monitoring activities, data quality and resources.
* Writes and reviews manuals of definitions and procedures for the common measures. May create data forms of these measures.
* Works with programmers and developers to maintain and test new features of the web based data management system. Participates in committees pertaining to data management system and website development.
* Develop and maintain study website and knowledge graph for resources.
* Participates in staff meetings, as required.
* Tracks research study's regulatory submissions and approvals.
* Assists with acquisition and distribution of research study materials, including interacting with vendors as needed.
* Maintains study documents and documentation of changes; assists with final study documentation and archival.
* Interacts with members of the research study group as well as the local coordinating center team. Works with collaborators contributing to the science of the research study to prepare procedural manuals and training for clinical site staff. Develops and presents at study staff training.
* Assists with day-to-day study coordination and management. Answers questions and solves problems individually or in collaboration with colleagues; provides prompt, complete resolution and follow through.
* Assists with the facilitation and planning of consortium-wide virtual and in-person committee and study group meetings.
* Participates in site visits and research study group meetings that may require travel.
* Maintains detailed knowledge of research study protocols, manuals of procedures, data forms, and other study documents.
* Performs other duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are related to the position and the needs of the study.
Qualified candidates will hold a BA/BS and 1 year of experience in a related discipline. Degree must be conferred by the start date of the position.
|Additional Required Licenses/Certifications/Posting Specific Minimum Qualifications:|
* Ability to connect your role and your impact to the larger picture of the BSC team goals and its role on MDCRC
* High degree of organizational aptitude to meet tight deadlines and maintain high quality work
* Efficient problem solver who can both take initiative and work effectively within the group and independently
* Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing, to ensure the BSC team achieves its goals
* Attention to detail
* Thinking deeply and independently, questioning things that don't make sense, and taking ownership of assigned initiatives
* Ability to juggle multiple assignments at the same time
* Strong ability to work independently and efficiently, prioritize multiple tasks, and execute reliably
* Eagerness and openness to learn and evolve quickly
|Typical Hiring Range||Commensurate with Experience.|
|Campus Location:||Rockville, Maryland|
|Family||Research and Labs|
|Stream||Service and Support|
|Hours Per Week:||35|
|Work Schedule:||Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm|
|Will this job require the employee to work on site?||No|
|Employee Onsite Status||Hybrid|
|Required Background Check||Criminal History Screening, Education/Degree/Certifications Verification, Social Security Number Trace, and Sex Offender Registry Search|
|Special Instructions to Applicants:||
Employer will not sponsor for employment Visa status
|Internal Applicants Only?||No|
|Job Open Date:||10/28/2022|
|Job Close Date:|
|If temporary, grant funded or limited term appointment, position funded until:|
|Background Screening||Successful Completion of a Background Screening will be required as a condition of hire.|
The university is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.