Energy - Electrical Testing Internship (Fall 2022)
|Job Category||Engineering & Information Technology|
Tesla participates in the
Disclaimer: This position is expected to start around August or September 2022 and continue through the entire Fall term (i.e. through December/January) or into early Spring 2023 if available. We ask for a minimum of 12 weeks, full-time, for most internships. Please consider before submitting an application.
International Students: If your work authorization is through CPT, please consult your school before applying. You must be able to work 40 hours per week. Many students will be limited to part-time depending on their academic standing.
Internship Program at Tesla
The Internship Recruiting Team is driven by the passion to recognize emerging talent. Our year-round program places the best students in positions where they will grow both technically and personally through their experience working closely with their manager, mentor, and team. We are dedicated to providing an experience that allows for the intern to experience life at Tesla by giving them projects that are critical to their team's success.
Instead of going on coffee runs and making copies, you'll be seated at the table making critical decisions that will influence not only your team, but the overall achievement of Tesla's mission.
About the team
The Reliability & Test team for Tesla Solar and Energy products consists of 14 team members with a mix of enthusiastic engineers and technicians. Compilation of various engineering fields such as electrical & mechanical testing, reliability modeling & risk analysis, failure analysis. The team works in a fast-paced environment with cross-functional collaboration with teams from design, quality, reliability, materials science, etc.
- Process data from measurements in the lab and the field, generate data pipelines, automate data collection
- Help our team's engineers to transition from manual/semi-automatic processing of test data to a more efficient and automated process
- Enable data collection from test devices to servers and/or the cloud
- Characterization and design validation for mechanical and electrical products
- Component and system reliability testing
- Projection of failure rates for given failure modes. Demonstrated reliability. Warranty impacts and mitigation strategies
- Currently working towards a BS, MS or advanced degree in relevant engineering program such as Electrical or Mechatronics Engineering
- Required Programming Languages or Tools: Python, Matlab
- Required Skills or Previous Experience:
- DMM, test automation, data acquisition, test setup design
- Lab work
- Hands-on experience
Desired Skills or Competencies:
- Familiarity with fundamentals of power electronics, solar energy systems, device control, data acquisition (Lab View, NI)
Tesla is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Tesla is also committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. Please let your recruiter know if you need an accommodation at any point during the interview process.
For quick access to screen reading technology compatible with this site (free step by step ). Please contact for additional information or to request accommodations.
Privacy is a top priority for Tesla. We build it into our products and view it as an essential part of our business. To understand more about the data we collect and process as part of your application, please view our .