Advance your InformationTechnology (IT) career at an industry leading Healthcare and Life Sciences company.
We are actively searching for an experienced hands-on IT Director, Informatics to be based in Raleigh/Durham, North Carolina.
In this role you will leverage your significant informatics skills to advance the availability and use of data and deliver data and insights via portals, data feeds, APIs, intuitive reports and dashboards as well as ad hoc analyses for our internal and external customers. These include our vast provider network including hospitals, health systems, value-base care organizations, patients, payers and corporate functions such as Sales & Marketing, RCM, Corporate Ops, IT, etc.
This role is part of a large team within Corporate IT and you will have overall responsibility for the strategy and implementation of Informatics which includes the analytics platform, business intelligence and custom data products at Labcorp. You will work closely with company-wide Senior Leadership to champion informatics-based efforts and execute a prioritized roadmap of projects that take advantage of business opportunities.
Your ability to interpret highly specialized terms and data, and present derived insights, visually and orally, to others with different areas of expertise, will be key to your success.
In this role you will manage a team of leaders that head up the areas mentioned above. Your team will use agile analytics methods to quickly iterate on projects to generate actionable insights in a time-sensitive and secure environment. You will coordinate all aspects of defining and delivering products that leverage Labcorp's corporate and clinical data as well as third party data sources.
Most importantly, you'll be directly engaged in providing insights that powers clear, confident healthcare decisions for patients, providers, payers and pharma clients at an organization that is deeply committed to "Improving Health. Improving Lives".
- Passionate enthusiasm for empowering customers (both internal and external) with analytical tools and data to improve processes and products.
- Work with customers, business users and management to develop a prioritized list of project ideas and bring these ideas to life.
- Develop a strategy to roll out Data-as-a-service and Informatics-as-a-service to the organization and to external customers using appropriate tools and technologies. Some technologies we use today are - Spark and SAP HANA, Tableau, Crystal, R, python, etc.
- Develop and execute a strategy to modernize our architecture and move appropriate workloads to Cloud-native technologies such as the Aws data stack, Snowflake, Delta Lake, etc.
- Prototype ideas with a fail-fast mindset to gauge feasibility to bring it to market.
- Defining and tracking success metrics across the various value streams.
- Ensure Stakeholder alignment via regular communication and periodic executive reviews.
- Be intimately familiar with industry trends affecting the healthcare and life sciences ecosystem and propose novel analytical solutions that leverage Labcorp's strengths and make our products sticky.
- Build the team by training existing team and attracting new talent.
- Manage talent and performance on the Informatics team.
- Vendor management activities including setup of agreements, statements of work, etc.
- Demonstrate knowledge in:
- Agile development principles and how they can be applied to Informatics teams.
- Setting up well governed processes to scale out the team's ability to churn out quality insights.
- Visualize the results of complex data analysis to communicate insights effectively.
- Extensive experience in Tableau and other BI tools such as SAP Business Intelligence suite.
- Master's degree or Bachelors + equivalent experience in a quantitative or computational field from an accredited university.
- 7+ years management experience building and leading a cross-functional team to develop analytics applications.
- Healthcare industry BI and analytics experience strongly preferred.
- Proven ability to establish trust with and influence senior leaders.
- Strong executive presence and confidence to challenge the status quo.
- Superb customer service and relationship building capabilities.
- Solid experience working with very large data sets stored in modern big data systems and expert level skill on SQL.
- High level organizational and product management skills in order to handle multiple concurrent assignments in a timely fashion.
- Candidate must flourish in a fast paced, iterative, deadline driven environment.
Covance is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer (Minority/Female/Individual with Disability/Veteran). Your confidentiality and privacy are important to us.