Yoh Scientific is currently seeking a Entry Lab Technician (Food Science) for one of our top manufacturing clients located in Decatur, IL. This Company is a consistent leader in its field and is well known their services. This is an advancement opportunity and all local candidates, who meet the qualifications below, are encouraged to apply!
Entry Lab Technician (Food Science)
The ideal candidate maintains high standards for Food Safety and Quality while maintaining production and efficiency excellence. Successful candidates will be excellent communicators who can nurture outstanding relationships as part of a self-directed work team. The Entry Lab Technician (Food Science) will have the ability to identify and decisively solve problems as they arise and maintain records in accordance with established company policies.
- Prepare and analyze process and finished product samples,
- Perform analytical testing using instrumental procedures, and record results in computerized data systems,
- Enter and report data using a Laboratory Information Management Systems (LIMS),
- Report and summarize analytical results and generate accurate documentation,
- Accurately document results of all testing procedures and promptly notify operations if results are out of trend,
- Maintain samples of tested product in order to confirm test results, if necessary,
- Maintain on-going records of the results of all testing procedures and inputs such data into computer and/or log books on a daily basis,
- Continually compares equipment readouts with samples of standards as required to insure that all systems are operating accurately,
- Perform daily process monitoring tests throughout the plant as assigned,
- Understands most production processes required in the production of product and may make recommendations to operators in order to achieve product quality.
- Performs light maintenance and calibration on all company laboratory equipment.
- Maintains a neat and clean working area at all times, washing equipment as required and placing equipment in the proper storage areas.
- Maintains adequate supplies used for testing procedures and notifies the supervisor of the need to re-order such supplies.
- Troubleshoot and perform basic maintenance on lab instrumentation.
- Prepare media for use in the lab.
- Performs duties in a safe manner, utilizing all approved safety equipment and successfully completes all safety certification requirements.
- Maintains awareness and adheres to all FDA, GMP, BATF, EPA, OSHA and employer standards and guidelines.
- Support and comply with all food safety, quality and legality requirements.
- Maintains an effective working relationship with fellow employees.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Exhibit regular and timely attendance
- Excellent safety record and awareness
- Willingness to assume and learn new responsibilities
- Must be able to learn new skills quickly and retain the knowledge
- Sufficient Computer skills including familiarity with current commercial software applications (Excel, word)
- Demonstrates sufficient math skills to perform calculations with lab testing
- Ability to work independently and as a team
- Ability to work on multiple tasks and remain organized with strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills
- Demonstrated troubleshooting skills
- Able to understand and comply with plant GMP and personnel practice requirements
- Proven housekeeping skills
- Accurate and clear record keeping skills
- Must be able to be on your feet for extended periods of time and able to lift up to 40lbs
- 8 hours/day; 40 hours/week
- 3rd shift 12am - 8am
Please e-mail your resume to
Please then call/ text Brittany at 267.634.1035
What's In It For You?
We welcome you to be a part of one of the largest global staffing companies to meet your career aspirations. Yoh's network of client companies has been employing professionals like you for over 65 years in the U.S., UK and Canada. Join Yoh's extensive talent community that will provide you with access to Yoh's vast network of opportunities and gain access to this exclusive opportunity available to you.
- Medical, Dental & Vision Benefits
- 401K Retirement Saving Plan
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Direct Deposit & weekly ePayroll
- Employee Discount Programs
- Referral Bonus Programs
Yoh makes finding and applying for jobs simple. Partner with Yoh to find the right opportunities across multiple industries in the US and UK. Find out more here!
Yoh, a Day & Zimmermann company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Visit to contact us if you are an individual with a disability and require accommodation in the application process.