Yoh Scientific is currently seeking a Laboratory Technician (Quality, Food) for one of our top manufacturing clients located in Decatur, IL. This Company is a consistent leader in its field and is well known their services. This is an advancement opportunity and all local candidates, who meet the qualifications below, are encouraged to apply!
Laboratory Technician (Quality, Food)
- QC Lab Technician prepares in-process and finished product
- Performs analytical testing using instrumental, wet chemistry procedures, and record results in computerized data systems.
- Documents results of all testing procedures and promptly notifies operations if results are out of trend.
- Enters and report data using Total Lab Client (TLC) data management system.
- Maintains on-going records of the results of all testing procedures and inputs such data into computer and/or log books on a daily basis.
- Maintains a neat and clean working area at all times, washing equipment as required and placing equipment in the proper storage areas.
- Maintains an effective working relationship with fellow employees.
- Performs duties in a safe manner, utilizing all approved safety equipment and successfully completes all safety certification requirements.
- Required High School Diploma or GED, as well as a minimum of 2 years of college-level science courses.
- Exhibit regular and timely attendance
- Excellent safety record and awareness
- Sufficient computer skills to utilize lab instrument operation programs
- Must be proficient with computers, including familiarity with current commercial software applications (Excel, word)
- Demonstrates sufficient math skills to perform calculations with lab testing
- Ability to work on multiple tasks and remain organized with attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as a team
- Willingness to assume and learn new responsibilities
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven housekeeping skills
- Accurate and clear record keeping skills
- Must be able to be on your feet for extended periods of time and able to lift up to 50lbs
- Must be able to learn new skills quickly and retain the knowledge
- Preferred 2 years of experience in a quality control lab and knowledge of lab documentation
- Preferred experience with operating standard lab equipment (i.e., pH meter, balances and spectrophotometer)
- Preferred experience with HPLC and/or GC, wet chemistry, chemical handling, number key experience.
- 3rd shift: 12am - 8am.
- The first 8-12 weeks will be training on 1st shift; 8am - 4pm
- May require overtime, weekends, and holidays
Please e-mail your resume to
Please then call/ text Brittany at 267.634.1035
What's In It For You?
We welcome you to be a part of one of the largest global staffing companies to meet your career aspirations. Yoh's network of client companies has been employing professionals like you for over 65 years in the U.S., UK and Canada. Join Yoh's extensive talent community that will provide you with access to Yoh's vast network of opportunities and gain access to this exclusive opportunity available to you.
- Medical, Dental & Vision Benefits
- 401K Retirement Saving Plan
- Life & Disability Insurance
- Direct Deposit & weekly ePayroll
- Employee Discount Programs
- Referral Bonus Programs
Yoh makes finding and applying for jobs simple. Partner with Yoh to find the right opportunities across multiple industries in the US and UK. Find out more here!
Yoh, a Day & Zimmermann company, is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran. Visit to contact us if you are an individual with a disability and require accommodation in the application process.