The future you want is within reach.
At PCL, we build the places where life happens and find camaraderie in the process. We're a community of builders committed to building better communities. That's why we're always looking ahead, and not just to the next project or what's next in our industry.
We're also looking at what's next for you and we can help you build a career you're proud of.
Here's how a Rough Carpenter for our Denver District, contributes to our team:
- Hand Digging & Trenching
- Assists in minor demolitions
- Safely operates hand backfill tools/equipment
- Finishes concrete (top of walls, pier caps, housekeeping pads, etc.)
- Assists in implementation, oversight and maintenance of stormwater management
- Creates a basic layout for all craft related work to include grade and formwork elevations.
- Sets and handles wood and metal forms for footings, walls, columns and caps of any height.
- Erects temporary walkways and ramps.
- Installs rebar for slabs and wall construction.
- Fastens to forms metal and plastic form liners.
- Installs wood and metal shoring and piling, including high work associated with same.
- Installs interior and exterior wall blocking & backing and layout
- Installs hollow metal door frames, hang doors and install door hardware.
- Verifies installations are plumb and square by using a plumb bob and carpenter's level
- Erects frameworks for structures, lay subflooring, build stairs, lay out/install partitions
- Fits and installs prefabricated window frames, doors, door frames, weather stripping, basic door hardware (interior and exterior)
- Hanging, taping and finishing drywall
- Erects scaffolding and ladders for assembling structures above ground level
- Installs millwork including cabinets and wood trim
- Installs carpet tiles, VCT and rubber base
What you will bring to the role:
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Positive attitude and desire to continuously learn and improve skills
- Familiar with field concepts, practices and procedures
- Able to multi-task
- Self-motivated and a team player
- Shows initiative and ask questions as needed
- Able to follow directions to ensure completion of daily tasks
- Have a high degree of flexibility in a changing environment
- Must have reliable transportation
- Able to effectively and appropriately communicate with the public and co-workers
- Have proper hand tools to perform work duties including interior work
- Have a high regard for safety
- Ability to operate light equipment is helpful, not required
- Willing to relocate to project locations
- Strength to perform average lifting of up to 35 pounds and occasionally to 50 pounds, from the ground to above head.
- Should be able to navigate through the worksite on a daily basis
- Occasionally climbs up and down ladders, scaffolding, and stairs. Must be able to work in extreme temperatures, in confined spaces, high places, and under pressure.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug screening.
PCL is an innovative, safety-oriented company comprised of people who find passion in their profession and take pride in doing great work everyday. Our work powers the infrastructure and utilities that are essential to daily life and our projects are the scene of vacations, careers, education and healing. We are consistently ranked among the best companies to work for because we are committed to supporting and developing our teams.
The salary range for this position is between $19 and $26 per hour, based on experience and qualifications.
PCL combines numerous pay and benefit strategies to provide a comprehensive and competitive total rewards package. The total rewards package includes an employee share purchase offering, discretionary annual performance bonus, comprehensive benefits & wellness programs, retirement plan plus matching and career development programs.
The PCL Companies celebrate diversity and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to an inclusive environment for all employees and applicants an will make all employment-related decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability or veteran status.
Should you require an accommodation during the application process, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the position and location you are interested in.
Together, we can build success and a better future. Let's get started!