Under general supervision, designs, develops, modifies and evaluates electrical or electronic parts, components or integrated circuitry for electronic equipment, or other hardware systems and/or electrical engineering applications.
- Develops circuits to control and power dry pumps, subsystems and accessories.
- Implementation and/or maintenance of product or design software.
- Selects appropriate components for circuits as well as tests prototypes of designs and reports test results.
- Responsible for fully documenting all design work and working with drafters to complete design documentation.
- Provides assistance to Manufacturing, Purchasing and Quality on electrical and electronic issues.
- Assumes responsibility for well-defined, limited-scale projects and subprojects.
- Analyzes equipment to establish operating data, conducts experimental tests and evaluates results.
- Writes design specifications for supplier-developed product. May also review vendor capability to support product development.