Interested in Clinical Pathology? Method Development? Come join the leading globalContract Research Organization (CRO) for Clinical Pathology!
We have a great opportunity for a Technical Specialist in our Clinical Pathology group in Madison, WI. Labcorp Drug Development's work in developing new pharmaceutical solutions has an incredible impact on millions of lives worldwide. Be a part of this life-saving work. Help improve patients' lives while growing your career.
We are offering a sign-on bonus of $5,000 ($2,500 upon hire and another $2,500 after 6 months)
In this role, the individual will perform a specialized scientific and technical role in new and re-validation of clinical and non-clinical assay method developments in the department of Clinical Pathology Services (CPS). This requires an understanding of the science, technical assay development, and regulatory framework such assays have to be conducted within. The role requires liaison directly with the regional operational team and the regional managers to review up front parameters and to perform the required analytical tasks for a validation. The responsible person should have a working knowledge of a number of the analytical methodologies within Global Clinical Pathology working closely with scientific staff to validate according to regulatory compliance and the needs of the various Clinical Pathology units within the regional group.
The Technical Specialist will perform most or all of the following tasks, or demonstrate knowledge of the following areas. More comprehensive details of each task or area of knowledge and the grade achieved are recorded in the relevant section of the training records.
- To be conscientious, disciplined, flexible and adaptable, having a sense of responsibility and to ensure that work is performed accurately and precisely and in a timely manner.
- To ensure that their line manager and study director are kept fully updated on the technical of their developments.
- To ensure that method development activities are fully documented, observing the highest standards of Good Scientific Practice.
- To be aware of and ensure that validation work is performed to appropriate regulation guidelines for PD, PK, TK etc.
- Responsible for the troubleshooting of assigned GXP projects.
- To have good verbal, numerical and visual skills.
- Understand and comply with all departmental and company policies.
- To help foster a high professional standard and encourage good staff relationships.
- To undertake research and development work as required and directed.
- To undertake other duties and responsibilities as may be allocated from time to time by the line manager.
- To participate, where required, in the current formal overtime system.
- To remain current with new developments in CPS.
- To ensure that appropriate and accurate COSHH assessments are made and in place prior to the commencement of in-lab development activities.
- To participate in the introduction of new techniques, methodologies, and relevant procedures in collaboration with other Senior Laboratory Scientists and Operations managers.
- To co-operate fully with other senior staff to ensure the quality and scientific standards of the analytical service are maintained.
- Knowledge and practice of Health and Safety, including, personal protective equipment and COSHH.
- Minimum level of education required is a Med Tech/Biomedical science degree or equivalent in a relevant discipline.
- Experience could be substituted for qualifications
- The post-holder should be a competent scientist, able to employ a number of techniques and instrumentation applicable to CPS.
- A minimum of 2 years' experience, excellent scientific knowledge of analytical techniques, good interpersonal and organisational skills are required
Covance is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer (Minority/Female/Individual with Disability/Veteran). Your confidentiality and privacy are important to us.