To ensure that Covance's scientific and non-scientific instrumentation is compliant with regulatory requirements; persons holding this position will perform tasks contributing to the repair, calibration, maintenance, installation and verification of laboratory instrumentation. Position coaches and advises less experienced staff to improve their skills and knowledge.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Perform complex routine (scheduled calibrations and preventive maintenance) and non-routine (repair) procedures in support of scientific and laboratory equipment.
- Collect, compile, measure, summarize and record data developed during performance of routine and non-routine maintenance activities.
- Perform most assignments with strict adherence to written standard operating procedures.
- Accesses and uses all sources (e.g. manuals, tech support, internet, peers) for needed technical information needed to support familiar and unfamiliar laboratory instrumentation.
- Works with computer controlled instrumentation, the operators and multiple software applications.
- Conducts "on-the job" training for less experienced technicians.
- Professional and effective in all interactions with peers and customers.
- This position will normally support one specific local site, however, temporary assignments to other Covance locations are possible.
- Adhere to safety policies and procedures.
- Attend all related company, department and EHS recommended required safety training annually.
- Maintains a safe work area.
- Internal - interact with internal customers (equipment operators and their management) and other support groups
- External - interact with material suppliers and contract service providers
- Temporary support of other Covance sites
- Occasional training courses off site
- Bachelor's degree in related area.
- Experience may be substituted for education.
- ASQ-CCT Certification preferred.
4 years of technical experience in the job discipline.
Demonstrated knowledge of computer controlled analytical systems.
Ability to use MS Office at an advanced level.
Expert in the use and care of measurement standards.
Covance is committed to diversity in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer (Minority/Female/Individual with Disability/Veteran). Your confidentiality and privacy are important to us.