FWMC Fort Washington Medical CenterIf you are a current Adventist HealthCare employee, please click this link to apply through your Workday account. Fort Washington Medical Center seeks to hire an experienced Assistant Nurse Manager for Surgical Services who will embrace our mission to extend God's care through the ministry of physical, mental and spiritual healing.
As an Surgical Services Assistant Nurse Manager, you will:
* Directly report to the Clinical Nurse Manager (CNM) and is responsible for the assessment, coordination, implementation and evaluation of the delivery of safe and effective patient-centered care.
* work together with the CNM to facilitate, mentor and evaluate others to grow professionally and advance their knowledge and skills.
* will continuously assess unit needs to ensure adequate resources for current and upcoming shifts by collaborating with the CNM, other departments clinical and nonclinical, to coordinate admissions, transfers, and discharges of patients in a timely manner.
* be prepared to assume the duties of the CNM in her/his absence (off shifts, weekends and holidays). The Assistant Nurse Manager will demonstrate professionalism at all times and will uphold standards of practice by holding team members accountable for continued compliance in accordance with organizational goals and nursing mission and vision.
* Current Maryland State nursing license
* Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certificate & ACLS card
* Baccalaureate degree in nursing preferred
* Two to three years' work experience in department-specific area, as defined by the department-specific certification requirements.
* Certification in department-specific area within the first year of the position
At Adventist HealthCare our job is to care for you. We do this by offering:
* Work life balance through non rotating shifts
* Recognition and rewards for professional expertise
* Free Employee parking
* Competitive comprehensive benefit plans offered (including health, disability, PTO and 403B retirement plan with matching and 3 year vesting)
* 100% Coverage for inpatient care - at Adventist HealthCare facilities
* 100% Coverage for urgent care nationwide - after copay
As a faith-based organization, with over a century of caring for the communities in the Maryland area, Adventist HealthCare has earned a reputation for high-quality, compassionate care. Adventist HealthCare was the first and is the largest healthcare provider in Montgomery County.
If you want to make a difference in someone's life every day, consider a position with a team of professionals who are doing just that, making a difference.
Ft Day shift
Tobacco use is a well-recognized preventable cause of death in the United States and an important public health issue. In order to promote and maintain a healthy work environment, Adventist HealthCare will not hire applicants for employment who either state that they are nicotine users or who test positive for nicotine use.
Adventist HealthCare will withdraw offers of employment to applicants who test positive for Cotinine (nicotine). Those testing positive for cotinine are given the opportunity to re-apply in 90 days, if they can truthfully attest that they have not used any nicotine products in the past ninety (90) days and successfully pass follow-up testing.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Adventist HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.