Alpha Corporation established in 1979, is a full-service woman-owned firm, providing civil, structural engineering, program and construction management, project controls, and technology services for various building types, transportation, and heavy infrastructure projects. We provide services to a broad spectrum of clients, including all levels of government agencies, public, and private enterprises/partnerships.
Alpha Corporation's vision is to be recognized by clients for responsive, innovative and quality services in the building, transportation and infrastructure sectors, and to be the employer of choice for professionals seeking stimulating and rewarding careers.
We are currently seeking a Sr. Civil Engineer to support our growing team in our Dulles, VA office.
The Sr. Civil Engineer, is responsible for planning, permitting, and designing land development, utility systems, roadways and other infrastructure components for government, institutional, commercial, airports, and transportation-related projects.
The Sr. Civil Engineer will be responsible for the following:
- Working with the project team on all aspects of projects; project set-up, drafting, design, quality review and quality assurance, project coordination/organization, etc.
- Preparing and designing improvement plans for a wide range of projects.
- Preparing, preparing, and modifying of construction documents, reports, specifications and designs for the project
- Analyzing maps, reports, drawings, as-builts and test results for design projects
- Assisting with post design construction support services to respond to RFI's, submittal reviews, as-built preparation, and field observations
- Working alongside office staff and management to successfully complete projects within the established budgets and deadlines.
- Preparing engineering calculations required for the design of projects and coordinate the development of construction drawings
- Develop and organize the delivery of project Plans and Specifications
- Consult with other engineers, architects, landscape architects, environmental scientists, and other project consultants and stakeholders.
- Design and Permit Civil Construction Projects, including the design and permitting for Stormwater Management and Erosion & Sediment Control.
- Mentoring junior engineers and CAD operations
The qualifications for the Sr. Civil Engineer role include:
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering
- 5-10 years' civil engineering experience
- Professional Engineer in Virginia or Maryland or be able to obtain by reciprocity within 6 months
- Knowledge of Civil Engineering principles and techniques with reference to construction materials, methods and procedures
- Knowledge of and experience using CADD/Design software (MicroStation/Inroads and AutoCAD/Civil 3D)
- Ability to work on several projects simultaneously
- Ability to pass a Federal criminal background check
Alpha Corporation offers excellent career opportunities for continued professional, educational and personal growth. We strive to offer our employees the opportunity to work on diverse and exciting projects in a collaborative environment. All positions include a competitive benefits package and the opportunity for a stable and rewarding career.
Alpha Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer for minorities, females, veterans, persons with disabilities and an Affirmative Action Employer.