Alpha Corporation established in 1979, is a full-service woman-owned firm, providing civil, structural engineering, program and construction management, project controls, and technology services for various building types, transportation, and heavy infrastructure projects. We provide services to a broad spectrum of clients, including all levels of government agencies, public, and private enterprises/partnerships.
Alpha Corporation's vision is to be recognized by clients for responsive, innovative and quality services in the building, transportation and infrastructure sectors, and to be the employer of choice for professionals seeking stimulating and rewarding careers.
We are currently hiring a Construction Manager to work with our client, the National Park Service in the District of Columbia and surrounding areas.
The Construction Manager will be responsible for providing management oversight and construction contract administration and management of projects and oversee the steps necessary to proactively manage and close out each construction contract from inception to completion. The Construction Manager is ultimately responsible for the contractor's on-site activities and verifying that work has been completed in accordance with contract documents, and additional duties, to include:
- Coordinating and controlling all construction management activities including claims management, project coordination, risk management, and quality management
- Communicating and interacting with team members and authorities involved in the planning, design, execution and construction activities of the project
- Managing, monitoring and tracking project objectives including the scope of work, schedule, and budget of construction activities
- Overseeing construction activities to determine whether the work has been executed in accordance with contract documents, applicable building codes, applicable quality standards, and safety standards
- Conducting and documenting weekly progress meetings and other on-site, routine and special purpose meetings
- Overseeing quality requirements of the contract including required field soils and materials testing and special testing requirements
- Verifying that project permits are obtained, maintained and properly implemented by the responsible entity
- Performing construction quality inspections on civil, structural, architectural, MEP systems and assemblies
- Tracking pay estimate quantities of work as reported in weekly field reports using the PMIS and verifying that the contractor's monthly pay request quantities are correct
- Reviewing the contractor's pay application
- Performing review of contractor's baseline schedule and monthly progress update schedules
- Reviewing submittals and RFIs
- Leading the RFI response process in coordination with the Construction Coordinator
- Reviewing the contractor's progress schedules and coordinating with the construction schedule subject matter expert's
- Identifying contract changes and determining if the contract change involves a change to the contract price or contract time, and preparing the associated work change directive (WCD)
- Preparing change order and modification materials including scopes of work, independent government estimates; analyze price-proposals; prepare negotiation positions and participate in contractor change order negotiation sessions
- Performing project closeout tasks including collecting and organizing O&M manuals, warranties, project record drawings and documents
- Coordinating the start-up schedule for inspection requirements with contractors and reviewing the testing results and tracking deficiencies noted in the test reports
- Generating and coordinating the closeout checklist, including tracking the status of defective work and deficiency item corrections during the project closeout process
The qualifications for a Construction Manager include:
- Bachelor's degree in Architecture, Civil Engineering, Architectural Engineering or Construction Management.
- 5 years minimum of construction management experience in facilities projects in both new construction and renovations; ranging in size from $5 to 20 million dollars.
- Certified Construction Manager (CCM) from the Construction Management Association of America (CMAA) is preferred.
- Experience working on federal projects is a plus.
- OSHA 30-hour Safety Certificate.
- Must be a U.S. Citizen.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft Project, Primavera 6 and SharePoint.
- Travel may be required.
Alpha Corporation offers excellent career opportunities for continued professional, educational, and personal growth. We strive to offer our employees the opportunity to work on diverse and exciting projects in a collaborative team environment. All positions include a competitive benefits package and the opportunity for a stable and rewarding career.
Alpha Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer of minorities, females, veterans, persons with disabilities, and an Affirmative Action Employer.