Alpha Corporation established in 1979, is a full-service woman-owned firm, providing civil, structural engineering, program and construction management, project controls, and technology services for various building types, transportation and heavy infrastructure projects. We provide services to a broad spectrum of clients, including all levels of government agencies and public.
Alpha Corporation's vision is to be recognized by clients for responsive, innovative and quality services in the building, transportation and infrastructure sectors, and to be the employer of choice for professionals seeking stimulating and rewarding careers.
We are currently hiring a Project Scheduler that has Highway and Transportation experience for the Virginia Beach office.
The Construction Project Scheduler will serve as a lead role on specific assignments and shall provide professional scheduling services necessary to support the delivery of the Project as set forth in detail below. The scheduler shall assist in the development and preparation of documents and materials needed to administer the Design-Build process and the contractor's contracts and effectively manage the schedule and schedule-related contract changes. As required, the scheduler shall participate in meetings with the project team and prepare memoranda, presentations and/or reports summarizing his findings and/or recommendations. Specific areas of support may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Review and evaluation of the Design-Builder and Contractor monthly Schedule Updates;
- Knowledge in TTMS (Tolling and Traffic Management System) and ITS (Intelligent transportation systems) scheduling is essential
- Advise and support the Project Manager and other team members in the preparation of schedule-related analysis, reports and presentations;
- Review and evaluation of the Design-Builder and Contractor scope issues, notice letters, potential change orders, and supporting documentation (including Time Impact Analyses, and justification statements) as they involve schedule-related potential contract changes;
- Preparation of independent schedule impact analyses to support change order negotiations and processing;
- Subject-matter expertise and guidance regarding the validity or the Design-Builder, Contractor and the client's schedule change requests and recommendations on appropriate relief to be provided.
- Review and evaluation of monthly invoices and Progress Reports;
- Attend meetings at the client's offices project site visits within the DC metro area
- Create a master schedule to establish sequence and lead time of each operation to meet completion deadlines
- Determine reasonable schedule logic, duration, and constraints based on interactive Planning sessions with Project Teams
- Apply construction methods and sequencing of both transportation Infrastructure and Facilities Building and Prepares schedule status reports
- Capture impacts and delays to project schedules and recommend mitigation/recovery schedules
- Perform work under general direction, but with the need to act autonomously when required
- Interacts with internal and external personnel on major matters
- Communicate with supervisors to determine the status of assigned projects, capture sequence revisions, update the contract schedules
- Act as Owner Representative Scheduler for capital projects
- Suggest corrective actions and develop recovery plans over potential delays captured above
- Understand the scope, drawings, specifications and performs mathematical calculations to determine workflow, tools, and resource (labor, material and equipment) requirements
The qualifications for a Project Scheduler include:
- Bachelor's degree in Civil Engineering or Construction Management
- 5-10 years of progressive experience in Project Controls utilizing Primavera P6 Enterprise
- Planning and Scheduling Professional (PSP) or be able to attain within 6 months of employment
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word Proficient
- Experience in Facilities Scheduling in a plus
- Travel may be required
Alpha Corporation offers excellent career opportunities for continued professional, educational and personal growth. We strive to offer our employees the opportunity to work on diverse and exciting projects in a collaborative team environment. All positions include a competitive benefits package and the opportunity for a stable and rewarding career.
Alpha Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer of minorities, females, veterans, persons with disabilities and an Affirmative Action Employer.