What you will be working on:
That's a little hush-hush but to give you an idea, the contract uses a broad range of software development principles and skills to mine data present to end users. Java, Hadoop, and MapReduce are basic requirements for software developers, and some projects use the Scrum Agile Development Process. Additionally, competence in a build framework like Maven or Gradle and a testing framework like JUnit or Spock together with a scripting language like Perl and Python are useful in this environment.
You will work with a team of subs and primes, including other G2ers.
What you need:
* 6+ years of experience developing with Java
* 4+ years of experience with scalable big Data
* A Bachelor's of Science degree in Information Technology related field, systems management, engineering, mathematics, or business administration from an accredited college or university AND 4 years software development/engineering. You could also have no degree and 8 years software development/engineering experience.
* Active TS/SCI with Polygraph
What we would like you to have:
* Your head is in the Cloud - scalability, deploying applications - you can do it in your sleep. Have a Hadoop or Cloud cert? Icing on the cake!
* Your strength is in Java and PIG
* Analytics - so much analytics
A few of the reasons to work for us:
You can grow with us: Our flexible and collaborative environment encourages our people to challenge themselves and feed their need to learn and grow. We offer $10k towards Professional Development and Education, and Brown Bag sessions covering a wide variety of topics.
You can retire sooner rather than later: We match up to 8% of your 401k contributions which you are vested in 100% day one.
Work - life balance is real: In addition to the ability to work flexible hours, you'll get up to 7 weeks of PTO which is based upon your total years' experience. For every year you're with G2, you'll enjoy an additional day of PTO.
Not quite ready to apply? TAKE THE NEXT STEP and GET CONNECTED or reach out to us at to take a less formal approach.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
If you are seeking reasonable accommodation as it relates to the employment process, please contact the recruiting department at (410) 290-9710 or firstname.lastname@example.org
G2 Inc is an equal opportunity employer.