The shipping and receiving clerk position supports the functions of the shipping and receiving department by performing the following duties to quality and productivity standards.
- Operates hand trucks to convey, move or hoist materials to proper departments or areas.
- Unpacks, examines and routes incoming shipments, records shortages and reports damages.
- Performs computer functions necessary to track various aspects of goods.
- Responsible for making arrangements for pick up by the carrier specified on the customer’s purchase order, which is conveyed to the shipping clerk by final inspection via the shipping instructions.
- Reports defective materials or questionable conditions to the department supervisor.
- Responsible for keeping an adequate supply of shipping materials on hand at all times.
- Maintains the work area and equipment in a clean and orderly condition and follows prescribed safety regulations.
- Required to make pick-ups and deliveries using a college vehicle.
- High school degree or equivalent.
- Minimum 21 years of age.
- Valid Maryland Driver's license.
- Clean driving record.
- Ability to lift up to 70 pounds.
- Basic computer skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel and Word preferred.
Monday-Friday, 8:30 a.m.-4:00 p.m. (varies); 15-25 hours per week
$10 per hour; hourly rate is commensurate with experience
To apply, submit completed application to:
or fax to: 410-777-2596
Anne Arundel Community College is an Equal Opportunity Employer.