Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With 450,000 route fiber miles serving customers in more than 60 countries, we deliver the fastest, most secure global platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumens network, edge cloud, security and communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose to further human progress through technology at news.lumen.com, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies.
LUMENS INTERNSHIP PROGRAM IS A PATH FOR CAREER READINESS IN THE 4TH INDUSTRIAL REVOLUTION.
Be a part of an internship program, driving human progress through technology. During a 10- week period our summer interns innovate and make an impact by transforming industries across the globe and changing the world one connection at a time. Our interns are presented with real business challenges and provide solutions that make a difference across all areas of the company, all while learning the skills needed to successfully navigate the modern workplace.
- Innovate to deliver solutions to real business problems
- Transform your skills and knowledge through challenging work projects
- Connect to our company and culture creating valuable connections with your intern peers, work team and leaders across the organization.
- Impact through Community & Social Involvement collaborate with our ERGs to give back and make an impact in the communities Lumen serves.
THE MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES
As an IT Analyst in our Strategic Planning and Transformation organization, you will partner in a team environment to design, develop and implement database applications to accommodate user needs of moderate scope and complexity for functional areas, including but not limited to finance, human resources, manufacturing and marketing.
The intern candidate for this role, should be excited about collaborating and communicating closely with teams, team members and other stakeholders.
- Involvement in the process of requirement gathering solution design, code implementation, and unit testing.
- We have several strategic efforts under way to further automate our end-to-end flows and reduce systems and people involved in integration of the solution.
- Capability to quickly come up to speed on the environments, systems, problems and opportunities.
- Help coordinate design discussions between the business users, IT architecture and software development.
- Assist in the analysis of data to make decisions on design directions and priority for improvements.
- Ability to adapt and work in a changing fast paced environment
WHAT WE LOOK FOR IN A CANDIDATE
Job Profile Section: What We Look For
- Enrolled at a 4-year accredited college or university, rising senior or masters level education status at the start of the internship, graduating August 2022 May 2023.
- Education/Degree: In pursuit of degree in Engineering, Networking or Security Domain.
- Position will be located in our Littleton or Broomfield, CO Office, there is also an opportunity to work remotely.
- The ideal candidate would have a background / course experience in both system engineering and business process development.
- Lumen operates an Agile development environment and knowledge of scrum processes and ceremonies would be helpful.
- Experience working with offshore development and/or knowledge of the challenges & opportunities associated with cross time zone development would be a plus. Strong drive for results and taking initiative
- Ability to be resourceful and adaptable
- Ability to collaborate and have agility while making effective decisions
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to interact with business partners and drive the conversation.
- Flexible and adapts well to change
- US work authorization
WHAT TO EXPECT NEXT
After completion and submission of your application, you will be asked to participate in a virtual video interview. This on demand interview will be a way for Lumen to learn more about you and your experience as it aligns to the internship position. A separate email invitation will be sent to you (check your spam) within 6 hours of application. For continued consideration in the summer internship program, please ensure you complete the video interview within 5 business days of application. Thank you!
Requisition #: 262615
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to all persons regardless of race, color, ancestry, citizenship, national origin, religion, veteran status, disability, genetic characteristic or information, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, family status, pregnancy, or other legally protected status (collectively, protected statuses). We do not tolerate unlawful discrimination in any employment decisions, including recruiting, hiring, compensation, promotion, benefits, discipline, termination, job assignments or training.
The above job definition information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Job duties and responsibilities are subject to change based on changing business needs and conditions.