SHIFT: Day Job
_Your Talent. Our Vision._**AT ANTHEM, INC.**,its a powerful combination, and the foundation upon which were creating greater care for our members, greater value for our customers, and greater health for our communities. Join us and together we will**DRIVE THE FUTURE OF HEALTH CARE.**
This is an exceptional opportunity to do innovative work that means more to you and those we serve at one of America's leading health benefits companies and a Fortune Top 50 Company.
Interns will be given the opportunity to learn about our business and what role Anthem plays in managing member healthcare benefits as part of the Federal Employee Health Benefit Plan (FEHBP). There are several components to our business that the interns will have an opportunity to learn about (Field Services, Operations, Business Solutions, Data Analytics, Finance, and Medical Management).
_Primary responsibilities include supporting:_
- Work with the business change team to identify a project that aligns with the FEP MM strategy
- Review the MM roadmap and assess emerging opportunities
- Work with project resources to design and build the supporting infrastructure needed to launch the identified project initiative
- Detail business requirements, process and program design, asses training and communication needs, develop materials, engage with supporting resources to determine task ownership and build the needed infrastructure to support a successful implementation.
- Rising SENIORpursuing a degree inhealth policy, health research, sociology, social work, psychology, health education or other health-related field.
- This internship is from June to August and is 40 hours per week/or 20 hours per week depending on school schedule in a virtual setting
- Must be enrolled fulltime at an accredited college or university during internship
- Students must be authorized to work in the U.S. without future visa sponsorship requirements
- Understanding of determinants to health that impact population outcomes
- Ability to identify solutions to barriers that impact overall health
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to design programs and strategies following the public health communication planning framework
- Ability to serve as a health education resource person
- Creative thinking
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to identify emerging opportunities
- Passion for health education
_This position supports Anthems federal contracting business, which is subject to the Covid-19 vaccination requirements set forth in Executive Order 14042 and its implementing guidance. Individuals performing work in this position must be able to prove they are fully vaccinated by providing required documentation. If you have a medical or sincerely held religious reason for not being vaccinated, consistent with applicable law, Anthem will consider requests for reasonable accommodation on this basis. Should you have any questions regarding the requirement after applying, email_ _TalentAcquisition_VaccinationSupport@anthem.com__._
**Anthem, Inc. has been named as a Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For, is ranked as one of the 2020 Worlds Most Admired Companies among health insurers by Fortune magazine, and a 2020 Americas Best Employers for Diversity by Forbes. To learn more about our company and apply, please visit us at careers.antheminc.com. An Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran. Anthem promotes the delivery of services in a culturally competent manner and considers cultural competency when evaluating applicants for all Anthem positions.**