Company SummaryJoin a team that puts its People First! First American's National Production Services division provides global title and escrow production support across all channels within First American Title including the Mortgage Services, Commercial, Direct, and Agency divisions. Since 1889, First American (NYSE: FAF) has held an unwavering belief in its people. They are passionate about what they do, and we are equally passionate about fostering an environment where all feel welcome, supported, and empowered to be innovative and reach their full potential. Our inclusive, people-first culture has earned our company numerous accolades, including being named to the Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For list for six consecutive years. We have also earned awards as a best place to work for women, diversity and LGBTQ+ employees, and have been included on more than 50 regional best places to work lists. First American will always strive to be a great place to work, for all. For more information, please visit www.careers.firstam.com.Job Summary
The Searcher assembles title packages, searches for tax documentation or performs other research related to escrow and title closings. Work is done in an office, title plant or remotely traveling to court houses, municipalities and other government entities to perform the searches. Works independently and uses experience to compile search packages ranging in complexity that require research and investigation. Builds knowledge base of state practices and requirements.
- Conducts title research to compile search packages ranging in complexity; documents all research
- Processes departmental documents requiring specific knowledge of functional operations, type correspondence and reports from rough drafts.
- Compiles, investigates and interprets tax records in order to determine tax liability.
- Assignments vary in complexity
- Using established procedures performs assignments.
Knowledge and Skills/Technology Used
- Internet savvy
- Data entry/typing skills
- Standard MS skill set
- Investigative / research skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of company terminology, search department procedures and tools.
- Proficient with company operating systems
- High School diploma or equivalent
Typical Range of Experience
First American invests in its employees' development and well-being, empowers them to provide superior customer service and encourages them to serve the communities where they live and work. First American is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer.Based on eligibility, First American offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO/paid sick leave and other great benefits like an employee stock purchase plan.
- 1+ years related experience