POWER YOUR FUTURE WITH REUTER HANNEY a CE Power Company. We are electrical power specialists that are professional, personalized and responsive to our industrial, commercial, institutional, governmental and utility markets. We have specialized services and employees to ensure complete customer and community satisfaction. Be a part of our great team as our next District Support Specialist!
The District Support Specialist’s primary role is to assist the Operations Manager and Project Leaders to ensure the overall success of projects, as well as the availability of project information, materials, equipment, financial data and support in meeting production and administrative demands. The District Operations Specialist will manage and communicate the production backlog and guarantee the quality and timeliness of invoicing to ensure the process discipline requirements are maintained.
Our District Support Specialist is responsible for:
- Ensure proper process and adherence to all company, industry, and client safety protocol and standards as it relates to job preparation and execution
- Promotes a culture focused on safety
- Posses and provide technical understanding for testing power apparatus and equipment including relays, circuit breakers, transformers, motor control equipment, and related switchgear in the field, as needed
- Perform and at times lead a crew in the field for testing/maintenance/repair of breakers, transformers, switchgear, motor control and associated equipment
- Ensures proper preparation and documentation for site projects by communicating and preparing field leads in advance
- Continually evaluate department talent base, identifying the appropriate resources to be scheduled for job exection
- Support the sales effort by assisting with labor estimates and job walks when necessary
- Provide technical insight to help mentor field personnel – may serve as technical SME
- Continually coach and mentor junior field based personnel
- Identify and secure equipment and manpower needs for shop/field
- Review technicians field time reports and job documentation to ensure accuracy for jobs as assigned
- Provides weekly production status reports to Operations Managers and Service Coordinators
- Implement project cost reduction plans as necessary to maintain quoted job margins
- Maintain an understanding of the technical aspects of company core business needs
- Identify/ leverage appropriate suppliers to safely and cost effectively obtain services or materials
- Receive and review technician reports and update Operations and Sales for follow up
- Take part in technical review meetings, the quotation approval process, as well as attend and contribute to project kickoff meetings
- Adhere to budget and timelines for various ongoing projects
- A minimum of ten years related experience preferred but will train candidate who shows an aptitude for an abbreviated learning curve. The incumbent must have well-developed organizational skills and strong interpersonal skills in interacting with management, technical support staff, suppliers, and customers.
- Reasoning Development: Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form; deal with problems involving several concrete variables.
- Mathematical Development: Ability to add, subtract, and divide all units of measure. Ability to perform data analysis, best practices and hand calculations accurately.
- Able to collect data, establish facts, draw conclusions, and recommend effective corrective action. Must possess good computer and communication skills.
- Education and/or Experience: Bachelor's degree in engineering, technical, or business field, or at least 5 years’ experience in Field Service and/or Project Management, or military training in logistics and inventory control.
- Language Skills: Exceptional communication, writing and presentation skills are required.
WHY WORK FOR REUTER HANNEY?
Reuter Hanney has built a reputation on providing professional, personalized, and responsive service to the industrial, commercial, institutional, governmental and utility markets. From custom designed electrical testing programs to quick response emergency service, we earn the confidence of our clients by going the extra mile.
- Full Time, Part-time or On- Call employment opportunities available.
- Beyond Compensation: Total compensation doesn’t just include salary, but there are a number of fringe benefits to select from for full-time and part-time employees.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance starting the 1st of the month after employment for our employees and their dependents.
- Paid Time Off- We value work-life balance; so much so, we have a Fundamental reflective of this: Live a Healthy Lifestyle. We’re a family-friendly company and we recognize the importance of spending time with loved ones.
- 401(k) Matching.
- Company paid Short Term Disability (STD).
- Life Insurance- Basic Life Insurance is offered to our employees at no cost.
- Continuing Education assistance offered to our employees who wish to pursue their formal education.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)