WEDC leads economic development efforts for the state by providing resources, operational support and financial assistance to companies, partners and communities in Wisconsin. Working with more than 600 partners across the state, including regional economic development organizations, academic institutions and industry clusters, WEDC develops and delivers solutions that help businesses, communities and people maximize their potential In Wisconsin®
To strategically deploy financial resources and technical assistance to invest in Wisconsin to enhance its assets and opportunities, and to address underinvestment and distress.
An economy where all Wisconsinites have the opportunity to thrive.
WEDC focuses on five key Catalysts of Growth, which form the basis of our Strategic Pillars, to help activate and accelerate economic opportunity in Wisconsin.
Strategic Economic Competitiveness
Through programs, policies and initiatives that foster an environment of innovation and success, we are advancing industry clusters and developing the next generation of skilled workers in Wisconsin. We are also working to engage in and build lasting relationships with our young people eager to take advantage of the opportunities Wisconsin offers.
We leverage Wisconsin’s economic assets, as well as our statewide partners in education, research and industry, to support startups, fuel business growth, help companies tap global markets and attract new and expanding businesses to our state.
Community and Economic Opportunity
Our work helps improve the quality of life in Wisconsin communities. We help create opportunities for economic activity by investing in our urban centers, redeveloping idle industrial sites, encouraging minority business growth, and supporting downtown revitalization in our small and midsize communities.
Brand Development and Strategy
From our talented workforce to the companies we assist, Wisconsin is a compelling place to live and work. Our outreach highlights our state strengths to maintain and enhance our consistently impressive rankings for business climate, productivity and personal fulfillment.
Operational and Fiscal Excellence
Our programs are designed to retain and attract businesses, create jobs and encourage economic growth. We take that charge seriously with unwavering attention to achieving measurable outcomes and a commitment to accountability.
Working at WEDC
Join a team that is helping to shape Wisconsin's economic future.
Love Where You Work. Love Where You Live.
WEDC employees are diverse in their backgrounds, skills, expertise and interests, but they all share a common passion for making a positive impact on the state’s economic growth. They are a group of individuals with a strong spirit of cooperation who work toward a common goal of maintaining the core values of the organization:
- Integrity – Adhere to the highest ethical standards of honesty and character while achieving our mission
- Respect – Value and support each other and operate according to the “golden rule”
- Accountability – As a public-private steward of taxpayer dollars, we monitor our actions and outcomes, celebrate our successes and commit to continuous improvement
- Innovation – Embrace creative initiatives that leverage Wisconsin’s unique attributes
- Transparency – Track and share information to monitor organizational effectiveness
- Collaboration – Build strong internal and external relationships to accomplish our mission
- People – Attract and retain talented staff and foster an environment for continued professional growth and wellbeing
- Public Service – Share a common purpose of improving the lives of Wisconsin residents by creating economic opportunities through the businesses in which they work and the communities in which they live
- Customer Centeredness – Maintain the highest levels of responsiveness and service for the businesses and communities that are helping to grow Wisconsin’s economy—these are our customers
WEDC helps to foster this passion and empower the thought-leadership of its employees through a strong, dedicated leadership team, and by providing advanced tools and technologies that encourage collaboration.
We offer our employees a comprehensive and competitive benefits package and, while WEDC observes core working hours between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm Monday through Friday, flexible work schedules may be arranged depending upon the needs of the business.