Where Hope Meets Healing
At Helio Health, we take a comprehensive approach to recovery. One that’s equal parts clinical and caring, progressive and person-centric, respectful and realistic. An approach that strips away the chains of addiction and mental illness so that, together, you and your family can begin a new life of hope and healing.
Not just treatment, Transformation.
Formerly known as Syracuse Behavioral Healthcare, Helio Health is dedicated to transforming the lives of those struggling with substance abuse and mental health disorders. Derived from the ancient Greek word for Sun, “Helio” reflects our mission to be the innovative bright spot on the recovery landscape. Unlike many other providers, we’re dedicated to treating the whole person, not just the symptoms of addiction and mental illness. This includes general healthcare, housing services, training and family support. It’s a comprehensive approach that we believe leads to a more successful transition to a life of healing, hope and recovery.
To promote recovery from the effects of substance use and mental health disorders and other health issues.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
The Diversity, Equity and Inclusion Committee’s purpose is to support our organization to embrace diversity and deliver culturally responsive services with compassion. As Committee Members, we commit to continuous learning about Diversity, Equity and Inclusion to broaden our perspectives and personal/professional development. We aim to support and develop the community we serve and the people that serve them; toward promoting increased and enhanced diversity. We will work diligently to ensure our workplace is diverse, inclusive, welcoming of new ideas, different backgrounds perspectives and abilities. We will support a culture that treats all with dignity and respect and embraces diversity.
The committee’s intent is to represent all people of Helio Health. Diversity includes but is not limited to gender, social and economic backgrounds, ethnicity, race, national origin, age, religion, marital status, disability, veteran’s status, and sexual orientation. The committee is open to discuss uncomfortable subjects and work through inherent individual conflict to model for the agency the priority and value of listening to all.
The Committee is comprised of individuals who care about supporting growth and inclusion in the agency and those we serve. We meet regularly to discuss the need for collaboration between communities within the people we serve. We make recommendations regarding training, policy and procedure, development, and human resource practices to the Executive Leadership Team to then consider. The committee will guide the work of diversity, equity, and inclusion at Helio Health through the following scope:
- Assessing the implementation of the Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Work Plan.
- Monitoring the development, implementation, and evaluation of standards for cultural competence for employees.
- Providing input on policies and procedures to address diversity, equity, and inclusion issues and make recommendations when appropriate.
- Informing and updating employees regarding diversity, equity, and inclusion initiatives.
- Disseminating information about ongoing professional development training around diversity, equity, and inclusion for employees.
- Seeking regular feedback from employees to inform decision-making and opportunities for growth.
- Sharing the work of the committee with colleagues.
Begin a career of hope and healing.
Helio Health is a comprehensive and clinically progressive provider of integrated Substance Use, Mental Health, Health Care, and Housing services is always looking for talented individuals to join our team. If you thrive in a culture of innovation, collaboration and mutual respect, we’d like to meet you. If you’re interested, please submit an application, resume and letter of interest.
Our Comprehensive Employee Benefits Package Includes
- Health insurance including dental and vision for employees and families.
- Paid Vacation and Sick leave - No Waiting Period for accruals.
- Paid holidays, including a floating birthday holiday.
- 401(k) plan with up to 5% company match.
- Company paid short-term disability insurance.
- Company sponsored life insurance.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP).